Ocean County Government logo
Elected Officials Dropdown arrow

Office of the Ocean County Clerk

General Services


Subdivision/Tidelands & Wetlands

Subdivision Maps filed with the County Clerk are available for public inspection.

Tidelands & Wetlands Delineation Maps prepared by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection are also available for inspection.

Notary Services

Schedule an appointment online to be sworn in as a Notary, get a document notarized or obtain a Clerk's Certificate.

Schedule an Appointment

Individuals who wish to become a Notary Public may seek the assistance of the County Clerk during the application process and have the oath of office administered at all 4 of our locations.

What you must do:
You can now apply to be a Notary Public online, download a Notary Public Application, or pick one up in the Clerk's office.

After you complete the application, return it to the address below with your check for $25 made payable to the Treasurer, State of New Jersey.

The Ocean County Clerk
Notary - Room 114
P.O. Box 2191
Toms River, NJ 08754-2191

Upon receipt of your application and check we will forward it to the appropriate member of the State Legislature for endorsment.

What you must bring:
• Approved Notary Public License

After receiving your commission back from the State, please come into the Court House, Room 114 or any of our other locations, within 90 days of when you applied for your Notary to take the Oath of Office.

What it will cost:
The fee for this is $15 in check payable to: Ocean County Clerk or cash.
We also accept Visa, Mastercard or Discover for the $15 Ocean County Clerk fee only.

Did you move or change your name?
If you wish to change your name and/or address download the Notary Public Name and/or Address Change Form.

County Photo ID Cards

Ocean County residents (children under 17 and Seniors) who do not have any form of photo identification and are seeking a Photo ID Card can obtain one by:

In addition, any resident (age 14 or older) can obtain a Photo ID Card by:
  • Applying for a NON-Driver Photo ID Card at any NJ Motor Vehicle Commission Agency. For information on how to obtain and apply for the Non- Driver Photo ID Card:
    • Visit the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission website

    • or visit a Ocean County MVC Agency at one of the following locations:
      • Lakewood - 1195 Route 70 - Leisure Center - Store 9
      • Manahawkin - 712 East Bay Avenue - Suite 7
      • Toms River - 1861 Hooper Avenue - Village Square Plaza

Veteran's Services

Schedule an appointment online to register the DD-214, obtain a Veteran Card or a Veteran Peddler's License.

Schedule an Appointment

Identification Cards

Honorably discharged veterans can now obtain a free photo ID Card from the Ocen County Clerk's Office that makes it easier to take advantage of a wide variety of veterans discount programs.

The Cards can be used in a variety of locations, including at local businesses that provide discounts to veterans. With this card, there is no doubt about the holder's veterans status. The Veterans ID Card Act was signed into law by Governor Christie in August and is especially important in Ocean County which is home to more than 68,000 veterans than any other county in New Jersey.

How to obtain a card
Veteran must provide his or her DD-214 Discharge Papers at either the County Clerk's Office on 118 Washington Street in Toms River or The Southern Service Center at 179 South Main Street in Manahawkin Monday - Friday between 8am - 4:30pm. ID Cards are also available at the County Connection at the Ocean County Mall at 1201 Hooper Avenue in Toms River. 7 days a week, mall hours.

NOTE: The ID Cards are not designed to replace federal veterans identification needed to access government programs such as VA hospitals and clinics.

Discounts for Ocean County Veterans

Click Here for Military Discounts in Ocean County

Military Discharges: (732) 929 2032

Honorable Discharges form DD-214 previously filed with the County Clerk are available upon request.

Veterans Peddlers Licenses: (732) 929-2032

Veterans residing in Ocean County may apply for a Veterans Peddlers License.

Helpful Links

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Wedding Ceremonies

To schedule a Wedding Ceremony at the Courthouse, please call Judge Ford's Chambers at (732) 504-0700 extension 64460.